Monday, April 04, 2005

I Lost More Than An Hour

So we sprang forward this past weekend. Instead of making it to church, I slept until 1:00 in the afternoon.

I went to bed at around Midnight, so I should have been able to make the 11:00 service, but I had a really bad dream at 4:30. So bad that it woke me up, jumping to my feet.

Aliens were trying to take my little girls.

I know most of you are thinking that I need to stop watching so many Sci-Fi movies before going to sleep, but Saturday we watched The Incredibles (again) and Taking Lives. The dream was pretty vivid though. I felt helpless, but kept fighting through it.

It was kind of like The Forgotten except the aliens were all female. That's why they wanted the girls, because they were female and so close in age.

I was so freaked when I woke up that I walked around the house expecting to find them (the aliens) trying to get the girls.

Of course, the girls were in bed with us at this point of the night so I walked around the house for 15 minutes for no real reason other than to calm down. I knew they were ok, but I checked all the doors anyway.

Not that aliens visiting Earth would have a problem with a locked sliding glass door.

But I still couldn't go to sleep for a long while, which messed my whole night up and caused me to sleep half the day away.

No comments: