Saturday, November 11, 2006

Clean Sweep

My worst fears were erased by my greatest dreams this week.

I still can't believe the Democrats finally did it. We finally took back our democracy.

We made George Bush trade in his red tie for a blue one.

We made George Bush get rid of Rummy.

Bolton?

He's on his way out, too.

Lieberman has been forgiven, which I think is stupid but if we want him to stay in the party it needed to be done.

I still think he is a snake and he cost Gore the election in 2000 just as much as the hanging chads did.

Anyway, on to January.

I hope the Democrats focus more on writing legislation than holding committee hearings.

Forget the minimum wage being the top priority, I want the tax cuts for the top 10% repealed. I want the Kyoto Treaty to be reinstated in America. I want the no bid contacts to Haliburton revoked. I want the troops home for Christmas. I want the Patriot Act repealed and replaced with a National Security Act that reflects the belief in our Constitution's Bill of Rights.

I want Hilary to focus on becoming Majority Leader and let Obama run in 2008.

First, though I want to say thank you America.

Thank you for waking up and taking out the trash.

1 comment:

Carmel said...

I think Obama's a good V.P. candidate. I'd like to see Richardson or the Iowa guv. Definite don't want to see Hillary run -- she should stay in the Senate, she's doing a good job, and her candidacy would only make the religious right circle the wagons and go crazier.

Liebermann's a big schmuck.

I'd love it if the GOP ran Rudy Guiliani for President -- this is the guy after all, who moved his mistress into the governor's mansion while still married. Let's see them run on "family values."

McCain, on the other hand would be a threat. But he didn't get the GOP support in 2000, I doubt he gets it now.