Thursday, October 19, 2006

Random Thoughts

Is it just me?

Wasn't it just Memorial Day a few weeks ago?

Where the heck did my summer go?

Hell, where did September go?

Things are moving past way too fast.

I realized it the other day when I looked on top of the fridge to see an UNopened pack of pull-ups sitting there unused. They've been there for months now.

I just barely got the girls potty trained. Well, at least it feels like they just got potty trained yesterday. (Now if I can only get them to stop wetting the bed!)

But anyway.

The girls are growing up so fast. Kayla gets mad when she DOESN'T have homework.

I know I haven't been posting all that much lately on this blog, but hey IT IS COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON.

I've gotten really bad about spending a lot of time devouring sports this fall. NFL Sunday Ticket, ESPN Gameplan. I got them both.

Got a new blog at Foxsports.com that I post on everyday. Since I know everything about football it is nice telling everyone else how wrong they are.

Or at least how wrong they are about Missouri this year. (Note to Gary Pinkle: Don't fuck this up or I'll stick my clowny foot up your ass!)

But anyway.

Is it just me or is this the best election year in a LONG TIME?

It is so refreshing having someone other than myself calling Bush a liar, dictator, and drunk. Air America may have died, but that's just because they didn't hire Bill Maher, Kieth Olbermann, or ME.

Did you see Olbermann's special comment tonight? I have been longing to hear this said ON THE AIR by anyone in the media.

I have become a HUGE Olbermann viewer as of late, despite having to sit through the occasional Paris Hilton story.

Here's a little taste of the truth:

"We have lived as if in a trance.
We have lived as people in fear.
And now—our rights and our freedoms in peril—we slowly awake to learn that we have been afraid of the wrong thing.
Therefore, tonight have we truly become the inheritors of our American legacy.
For, on this first full day that the Military Commissions Act is in force, we now face what our ancestors faced, at other times of exaggerated crisis and melodramatic fear-mongering:
A government more dangerous to our liberty, than is the enemy it claims to protect us from." - Kieth Olbermann 10/18/06

For the complete comment:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15321167/

I head to bed tonight feeling a little better than I did before I watched the news of the day. I'm not the only one with a brain in America. It is a nice feeling.

1 comment:

Carmel said...

It is a refreshing election year isn't it? Hell, in Oklahoma, you have Todd Hiett trying to ride Democrat Brad Henry's coattails into the lieutenant governor's seat, by claiming that he worked side by side with the governor to pass the "Hiett-Henry Budget". He does not mention that the Legsislature had to go into special session because the GOP (Hiett leading it) made the process so chaotic that it almost shut down the state.