Friday, December 22, 2006

Nothing Like Waiting Til The Last Minute

So far, the girls haven't got much for Christmas.

Granted we do have this year's big ticket items waiting at the bike shop. We had to preorder those for assembly. That's right, we got them REAL bikes this year.

Unlike the el cheapo Wally World bikes that break before February. These puppies are guaranteed to put smiles on the girls' faces.

Other than that, all I have gotten is Strawberry Shortcake Dance Dance Revolution.

I'm so pissed that we have to wait until the last moment this year.

It hasn't been easy with the baby coming early and less time to get ready. I still can't get over the fact that women in this country are treated so unfairly when they get pregnant. I mean I'm not asking for two years paid leave, which is what Swiss women recieve.

Robin's employer only "saved" her position for her. No pay. In fact, we had to pay her monthly insurance premiums to keep our insurance out of pocket. They wouldn't even take care of that while she was away.

I guess I should be grateful that we have insurance at all as Americans. If a company that makes millions on government contracts won't support female employees by at least giving them extra paid vacation days, then how are single mothers working at Wally World supposed to survive?

Anyway, as I sit here waiting to hear from a station here or there I can't help but look forward to Robin leaving such a short-sided company. Of course, she may get offered that job in Seattle before I do.

No comments: