Friday, March 18, 2005

Daddy got a new scar this week

Well, as you can tell from the pictures the Tri-Cities area of Washington is in the desert. Actually a very pretty area, but the camera phone doesn't quite capture the mountains or sky very well.

Anyway, Wednesday we had our first duststorm experience here with steady 70 mph winds and a wall of dust and tumbleweeds blowing through town all day. Of course, it was also the day I decided to water our dying grass. (Which I did accomplish by the way, turning off the sprinkler only an hour before it started raining.)

While moving the hose and sprinkler around to the side of the house during the duststorm I smacked my head on the garage door so hard I saw stars. I guess that's what I get for walking with ym eyes closed, but the sand was beating me pretty hard at the time.

Later I went inside to wash up before we went to out to eat and noticed not only was I a little woosey, but I had a huge gash across the side of my head.

I can't wait until our underground sprinkler system is running after April 1st. Of course, with the city controlling it (for some strange reason I don't know) we may not have use of it with the drought continuing.

I'll try washing the car this weekend and maybe we'll get some more rain.

No comments: