Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Is That Normal?

So the kids are finally laying down for their afternoon nap session and I go in to check on them. (You know, to make sure they aren't playing)

The room smells like ass and Mikayla is sitting on top of her sleeping sister reading a book. (Yes, they do have separate beds)

Mikayla is the smelly one. Again. (I just changed her before laying her down)

So, I decide to pick her up and change her before the methane in the air causes an explosion. She runs to her bed as I walk in the room and is already laying on her back and when I put my hands under her shoulders to lift her up. Her back pops from head to butt.

I'm immediately filled with intense jealousy followed very quickly by fear. I look at her. She stares back at me like, "and?"

While gathering up the Hazmat kit for the insuing biological cleanup, I put her down in the living room to see if she can still walk. No worries.

Then that intense feeling of jealousy returns. I wish there was some giant person to pick me up and pop my back like that.

1 comment:

Carmel said...

Yes it's normal. Kids are amazingly resilient.