Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Good Chinese Food

I generally follow one major rule when choosing from unfamiliar Chinese or other Asian eateries: Eat where everyone else does.

In other words, I don't stop at any place that has fewer than five people during the lunch or dinner rush.

So, the other night we ate ate The Great Wall in Kennewick. Very busy, very mediocre. Then I saw back into the kitchen. The place was filthy. Yuck!

I only saw the floors, but I am pretty particular about that sort of thing. What if they dropped something on the floor? Asian business owners are notoriously shrewd. What if they use the ten second rule?

I don't even use the ten second rule when I cook for others. That's a rule that only applies to oneself. If you drop it, you decide if you want to live dangerously and eat it anyway.

Then there was the soup. I have to rank any Chinese place on the quality of the Hot and Sour Soup. It was especially disgusting at this place. I almost hurled from the smell alone.

I can't take that risk with the girls eating there, too.

Maybe next week I'll try one of the numerous Thai places. I aways loved My Thai in Amarillo. A Banker Special with some Chicken Satay sounds really damn good right now.

I'd ask someone around here what they considered to be the best place in the Tri-City area, but I don't know anyone yet. Another reason those nimrods at Crap Channel need to call me with a job offer. Radio stations attract those who crave takeout.

You can't play Metallica on an empty stomach. But then again, working in Arbitron Market #202 you might have to.

No comments: