Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Real Beer

Discovering what most people who have lived in Oklahoma for too long miss out on, I have my first hangover in years.

I'm not a binge drinker or a particularly heavy drinker. Usually 2 gets me ready for a nap. That's even with the idiotic low point beer found in bible-drunk states like Oklahoma.

Last week I decided to take advantage of having "real beer" at my disposal and bought a case of Corona Extra and six limes. I was ready for the weekend.

Friday: 2 beers
Saturday: 3 beers and a buzz
Sunday: forgot about the beer

I'm such a lightweight now. Which brings me to this morning. You know you are getting old when:
A) You would rather drink ice tea
B) You drink the beer to avoid having to make more tea
C) You get a hangover from 4 beers

1 comment:

Carmel said...

I'm surprised it took you that many! I had one "real" beer in Texas last weekend and I was smashed.