Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Everybody's moving

I guess we started the exodus.

Why anyone would move back to Missouri is beyond me. It's too damn expensive there. Don't get me wrong it's a nice place to visit.

Arizona? Better have a pool. At least I won't have to drive through Kansas to get there. Not that I am ever making that drive voluntarily ever again.

It's all airlines from here. Unless I get an Esclade, and that's not very likely.

Especially if I don't get a job soon. So far not one person has even called me about a job. Really sucky market and they don't call me. My worst part-timer at my last station was better than the windbags they got on the air here.

The paper hasn't called either, which kind of pisses me off. But not as much as the radio snubs. Since we have the huge stereo hooked up to the satelite, I listen to nothing but satelite radio here. I fought against satelite radio for a long time, editing any spots for Sirius or XM out of broadcasts at Cumulus and in Dothan.

It's ironic that I am forced to rebel this way. I don't feel too bad since the rock station is a Clear Channel suckfest.

On a lighter note, I managed to water the yard today without any major injuries or slight concussions.

The girls were not pleased however, because it was too cool for them to play in the water and they were very jealous of Daddy being outside.

They were very excited this morning though when we got up around 8:00 to find a Dora the Explorer marathon in progress. Dora became a big sister at 10:30 with an all new episode. Chloe pointed out that she was a big sister and Kayla was her "baby sister."

It was a fun morning. The girls love it when I watch TV with them and do all the little excercises with the colors and letters. I can't stop laughing when they put their hands out and say, "Swiper no swiping!"

Mikayla gets mad and points her finger and says, "No, no, no."

We dance to Bob Marley everyday because their music drives me crazy, but sometimes we listen to the different music choice channels on the satelite. They have a different dance style for each type of music.

They wasted most of the afternoon fighting naptime today though, which really makes it tough to do other fun things when it's too cold to go outside. Crayons and paper are rewards so it's hard to reward them after spending two hours to get them to sleep for 20 minutes.

They really hate Mondays.

No comments: