Friday, November 04, 2005

My Head Hurts

It's always something with me lately. I feel like I'm falling apart. The past few days my head has hurt on the right side. I don't know if it's from hitting my head (which happens more often than you would think) or from my infected tooth.

I have been taking antibiotics for the swelling, which had reached my left eye but my head hurts still. My tooth never really hurt. Not any more than normal anyway. And the tooth was on the other side of my darn mouth.

I haven't accomplished much over the last few days in the way of unpacking. I've managed to get the kitchen completely finished and all the pictures up downstairs.

Tomorrow I have to remember to get the girls' posters up. Chloe was asking for them again tonight at bedtime. It makes me feel guilty becuase I have forgotten all week. Every now and then she will ask me, "Is this my house?"

Ouch.

The other day when we were doing the Halloween thing she asked, "Can we go to Papa's house?" I guess this neighborhood reminds her of Oklahoma City.

I've decided that come hell or high water (or closed mountain passes) that we are going to find a way to get home for Christmas. The passes up here all have snow already. Well, actually everything over 3,000 ft has snow cover right now. Which put this weekends trip to Tucannon for some late season trout fishing out the window.

I haven't been fishing since Oct. 23 and I'm really wanting to get out on the water. We live on the Columbia again. I haven't driven to the water yet to see how far we are from this house, but it's just too cold to take the girls. The high temp everyday is about 50, but that's not until the afternoon. It's also been raining a lot since we moved in. In fact, since the day we moved in (the 27th) it has rained in the morning, or at night, or all day, every single day except one.

That means no park, no yard, no fishing.

Of course, since the salmon season is over now I don't know what to fish for on the Columbia. It's such big water. Boats have the best access. I guess I'll have to do more homework.

Every few months I have to learn everything over again up here. Each season is different. Now that we've really been too broke to go anywhere my option are pretty limited. Which means I'm stuck with what I have already tackle wise. For bait it's either fly, plug or powerbait I already have in the box. No money for anything else.

It'd be better if I could have gotten a job up here. I don't know why I can't get back into radio. I've gone from being "the next big thing" to someone that can't even get in the door without ever reaching any of my goals.

I guess that's what I sacrificed when I went back to Amarillo for Robin to finish school. I chose family over career, which you aren't supposed to do in radio.

I'd do it again though, don't get me wrong. I love my girls, I love my wife. It's just sometimes I wonder what I'm going to be doing five years from now.

No comments: