Monday, November 21, 2005

Thanksgiving Week

The reality has set in. We are alone up here. No big plans. No big party. Just football and a turkey.

And we play the Broncos. If being a Cowboys fan in the post-Aikman era has taught me anything it is not to get my hopes up. I do anyway, of course.

This year though my optimism is a little more tempered. The Broncos are looking very good and the Boys are good at screwing up this time of year. But then I think about last Monday.

I had a sinking feeling in my stomach at gametime. I knew the Eagles were going to be ready to pound us in Philly, which they did very well for most of the game.

I got up to get some tea and contemplate turning the channel before I became too depressed or angry to speak for the rest of the night.

I sat back down with under 4:00 minutes to go in the game. It happened. We frigging scored.
Then Roy Williams happened. Man, I love that Sooner.

The Cowboys won and moved into 1st place in the division. I have that uneasy feeling again about this Thursday. If the Cowboys don't win I am going to be very unhappy on an already depressing day.

We couldn't afford to go to home or even Seattle this weekend, but I suppose it is for the best. Our first snowstorm is headed our way this weekend.

Yes there has been snow all around us in the mountains, but not down in the Tri-Cities. I am hoping for a bunch. Our high temps have been hovering around 38 degrees for a few days now, so I am ready for some payback weather wise. Freezing fog is not good weather.

We haven't got the studded tires yet, which has kept us from driving too close to the mountains and the girls have been asking to see some snow.

It'd be nice to walk outside and play in the snow.

No comments: