Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Studs Mean No Duds

Robin and I bought our Christmas presents today. Four of them, in fact.

Studded tires. $368. Ouch.

At least we were able to stretch out the use of our "summer tires." ( local term) They were pretty scary looking, but now we can make it through the winter with some monster grip.

Our little Hyundai sounds like a pitbull as it rolls down the street now.

Speaking of duds though, Robin did get a new work outfit today. (paid for by the company) Ever hear of Carhart? (Think what rednecks wear when they upgrade from Dickies.)

As we strolled through Ranch and Home, we hummed along to Coming To Your City while Robin tried on her $90 overalls. Daddy got to try on $300 Stetsons with the girls as she browsed through $15 socks.

Apparently being a redneck ain't cheap. Although, I did find a nice black straw for $20 but Robin said I couldn't get it. I thought since she spent $130 on redneck attire the least I could do was try to fit in with her new crowd.

Of course, then I remembered that she threw away my black cowboy boots during the move to Washington.

Anyway I spent most of the weekend in the yard, which is part of the reason why I haven't posted in a few days. Needless to say, we are lighting up the neighborhood now. Home Depot had a sale on lights with 50 cent boxes of 70 and $1.50 boxes of 100.

I may just leave them up until someone comes up here to visit. (Remember coming back from Saudi in July, Dad?) Yep, I can keep them up for awhile.

We have officially lost all hope of coming home for Christmas now with Robin home all week. She is using what little vacation time she had accumulated so we can have a paycheck coming in. If we had known how bad this company would be doing right now, I don't think we would have come all this way. Now she won't have any vacation time around Christmas to use. Hopefully she at least be working out in the field starting on Monday. (hence the new winter clothing)

We visited the birthplace of Dallas Cowboys quarterback Drew Bledsoe today. Well, we drove out there to show the girls the snow covered mountains. (Aside from the one next to town.)

No comments: