Sunday, October 16, 2005

Another disappointing day

Henry David Thoreau once said that a man can go fishing all his life without realizing what he was really searching for.

I appreciate the sentiment, but believe me when I say that I do cherish my time out on the river and I know what I really want is to catch a salmon.

Living here in Washington has given me a new appreciation of the outdoors, the wilderness, and the untamed frontier of the Northwest.

I've even thought of going hardcore and moving to Alaska for the rest of my life. That's how taken I am by the mountains, the views, the trails, the dangers, the thrill of tossing out a fly and pulling in a trout. I'm more content than I have ever been, despite being so homesick for family and friends.

But now I can't get around it. I want to catch one of those kings BAADDD.

Especially since I know if I had put half as much time, effort, blood, sweat, and money toward my music I'd be up for a grammy next year.

So here is my new fishing update after the solo salmon expedition Saturday: ZERO

I still have a skien of roe left for tomorrow with a new "secret ingredient" I added to the cure after talking to Joe and another local named Migell.

I might even Tivo the Cowboys/Giants matchup tomorrow. Partly because the game starts at 9:00 am, but mostly because I have to get my mission completed.

Well, I'm off to listen to Coldplay, play XBox and drink a big ass glass of tea.

No comments: