Monday, October 24, 2005

Cleaning Day

I hate moving. Not only do you have to lift everything you own and put it on a truck, drive a big moving truck to the new place and then pick everything up again, but you also have to clean up both your old house and the new one.

No matter how clean you find a place, you can't trust that it's clean enough. So why am I cleaning so much when I know that whoever moves into this place is just going to do it again anyway?

The guilt of breaking a lease? Not really, this place is an electrical fire waiting to happen. There are some light switches that actually get hot while the light is on. Others work at their own convenience.

This place is not worth the rent we pay. The new place is beautiful and cheaper. A smart move in the end, but man I hate moving. Three addresses, one year. That doesn't look good on a credit report. Not that I really have to worry about my credit report looking good because there's no chance of that happening until I win the lottery.

Anyway, I didn't set out to talk about cleaning when I turned on the computer. It just bugged me when I started to type my fingers hurt from all the scrubbing I did under the stove.

I don't think that thing has been cleaned thoroughly in over ten years. DISGUSTING. And a pain. I had to dismantle the damn thing by taking out a dozen different screws and bolts just to get the lid up.

Then I had to disassemble each burner individually to put new drip pans on because the things didn't just pull off like the new ones do. This stove was made around 1970 I bet. It has to be older than me. Everything else in this house is. I don't know what we were thinking to begin with by moving in here.

I don't have that worry about the new place. The place is VERY clean, and nice. Since it is a duplex, it is cheaper than a house. And I don't have to do any yard work.

On a closer inspection the other day I found three new fishing rods in the basement, one not ever having been used. One is small enough for Chloe, but big enough to do real fishing. Very cool for when we go fishing for Blue Gill or Crappie or even trout up at Tucannon.

That's another big plus about the new place. We are moving back to the Tri-Cities and out of the country. We hated commuting from Shawnee to OKC, so I don't know why I thought we would enjoy doing it from Grandview to Richland.

No comments: